Saturday 1 December 2007

Topless swedish

I got this news from this link. I think it's outrageous, and although I consider myself as liberal, but I don't think I'm that liberal.

SWEDISH women have launched a campaign to fight for the right to go topless on beaches and in swimming pools, saying they have just as much right to go without clothes as men.
Scandinavian feminists were outraged when two women were asked to cover up their breasts by a lifeguard at a public pool near Stockholm, the Daily Mail's Metro.co.uk website reported.
"If women are forced to wear a top, shouldn't men also have to?" said one of the women, 22-year-old Ragnhild Karlsson.
Now women in southern Sweden have set up the Bara Bradiost network, which translates as Just Breasts.
"We want our breasts to be as normal and desexualised as men's, so that we too can pull off our shirts at football matches," said a spokeswoman for the group.
The campaign's strategy has reportedly been a raging success, with members of Just Breasts jumping into swimming pools across the country wearing nothing more than bikini bottoms.
The country's equal opportunities ombudsman will decide whether or not to take up the case on behalf of the women later this month.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emma I would have to agree with you. I also think it's outrageous, and although I consider myself a liberal I don't think having women walking around exposing their breasts would be a good idea. Most men are easily distracted which if they were driving or using tools or equipment may lead to accidents and injuries. The female breasts will always be linked to sexuality and unlike the male chest or pectorals is too exciting to bare in public. Now in private is absolutely fine. In fact if you ever visit Canada you would be welcome to stay as my guest and wear nothing if you so desired. Just teasing.

ancient clown said...

Blessings:

Having worked onstage as an actor -where we all change together backstage, I can tell you from personal experience, that boobies(can I call them boobies?) are only distracting for a "little while", even the REALLY beautiful ones. Mostly, because they are continually hidden from view, so any chance to see one,(or two) is taken.
However, after the first shock of living in a candy store has worn off, things start to go back to normal and your eyeballs WILL start to recede back into their sockets.
What does the word "EQUALITY" really mean? Serving special interests or just BEING.
your humble servant,
ancient clown

Anonymous said...

Good, if it upsets the medievals as well (Muslims), its a double positive.